Monday, April 17, 2023

Nothing Is Impossible With God ~ Mixed Media Monday

Happy Monday friends!  I'm back to share this sweet entry in my Create Happiness Art Journal for Mixed Media Monday.  
 Life's journey is filled with mountains and valleys.  The valleys can be a difficult road to travel if it weren't for the promises of God to help get us through.   Truly, Nothing is impossible with God!

 I wanted this page to reflect the brightness of God's goodness in our dark days.  For my art entry, I did a bit of sponging on the background using a cloud stencil and deep blues DOX Inks.  The text was stamped using Leaves & Film Clear Stamp Set.  I added in some hand drawn stars using a white gel pen.  They are very faint, but if you look close you'll see them. 

The hot air balloon and flowers are from Pink Dream Ephemera.  I added a few more white gel pen details onto the die cuts.  I typed the verse from Luke 1:37 on my computer and printed it on my home printer.  In keeping with the style of other entries in this journal, I cut the sentiment into chunks and outlined them with a fine tip black marker.  

The border was stenciled on in black ink using Border 1 Stencil from the Create Happiness line.  I traced the border with a white gel pen.  This really made the border pop.  This reflects the silver lining in in the clouds.


I hope you enjoyed today's project, and maybe find a bit of hope if you're struggling through something right now.  Remember that He is with you and NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.  

Art Journaling is a creative outlet that helps me work through my thoughts and experiences of every day life.  I'm not one to keep a written journal, though I've tried.  Starting this art journal has been a huge blessing to me.  I can get lost for hours in ink and paper, while reflecting on the Goodness of God. 

Here are some links that will bring you to the products I used today:

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Another BEAUTIFUL entry in your journal Birgit and I love, LOVE it! The words are so true...He truly is my "rock" and nothing is impossible for Him! You've illustrated this beautifully with all your vintage ephemera, inking, and verse!! This journal is going to be a masterpiece when finished, although I bet you're hoping it doesn't get finished too quickly and take away the joy that has come from creating it! Lovely, lovely entry today my friend! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

AMEN!! I believe this with all my heart. Your words and your creation are beautiful, Birgit. I love the hot air balloon adorned with the flowers and butterfly. I see the stars you added too. Anther wonderful page!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the background on this and the way you went around it with the stencil. Great verse to go with your pretty balloon with the lovely flowers!

Donna Phelan said...

I love these Journal Pages you create and I am happy that you have kept the Mixed Media Mondays going, I look forward to see what you have created! This is FAB, love everything about it! Without the dark, there would be no light! xo~

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely, Birgit!

Lena said...

Although I don't really do any mixed media projects, I really look forward to admiring yours. Another beautiful entry on your journal. A true keepsake! xx