Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Flying By..... ~ Double D Challenge

Hello friends.  Double D Challenges is starting a new challenge today and the theme is "Things That Fly".

I thought it would be fun to pull out this Hot Air Balloon die from Sizzix.  I haven't used it in quite some time but found that it is still available at A Cherry On Top.  I love all the banners and flower dies that are included in the set.  So cute!

The file tab card base was cut using Elizabeth Craft Designs File Folder Set 2.  This is such a cool die set for creating card bases or fun ephemera bits for your crafting.  The largest die measures the same as an A2 sized card.  

I made an interesting discovery.  While I was looking for a fun paper to use, I came across this very old, long retired paper from My Minds Eye, "The Sky Is The Limit", that had balloons on it.  I discovered that the cloud die from the Hot Air Balloon set is the same exact shape as the clouds on the printed paper.  They coordinate perfectly!  It's fun to see how styles always come back around.


I hope you'll take the time to visit Double D Challenges and see more fun inspiration from my talented team mates.
Here's the mood board to help you get started.

Here's the prize that you could win when you play along:

Here's a list of products I used today:


Thanks for flying by!


13 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So much to LOVE about this card Birgit! That hot air balloon with all the trimmings on it is just too sweet...I might even go for a ride in one that looked like that! (Well, maybe...) I also love the tab die that makes this card shape...why have I never noticed this before?! Maybe you could cut me a few when you get back?? Absolutely NO rush! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

I adore this balloon, when I first saw it, I thought it must be in France. All of the cute flowers and ribbons I think. The inside is so unique and I love the design papers. This is a winner.

Donna Phelan said...

*thus we should never toss anything, ever lol That paper is perfect for your Hot Air Balloon creation, love the die you used. The texture and heart on the basket look fabulous too! Loving that tab shape as well! FUN!

Diane said...

Wow, this card is a creative and stunningly fun piece that is sure to bring joy to whoever receives it! What perfect background paper for the awesome hot air balloon, they were made for each other!! A great background die you have used as well!!

Vicki said...

Such a unique tab design! Love it and the soft pastel colors of this summery scene. Lots of beautiful details and dimension.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that looks terrific, great scene. The paper is just perfect with your lovely balloon and compliments it so well, I do love the ribbon and flowers with the set, makes for a very pretty balloon!

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME! What beautiful paper and you're over all design is so inviting! Hubby & I did a Hot Air Balloon ride once ... what an experience (NOT a smooth landing lol). Fabulous inspiration my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

This is definitely a cutie patootie the way you've worked it up, Birgit! Such a darling, happy balloon die set and so great with the perfect paper you had in your stash. I love when that happens! Perfect sentiment for the banner and another to fit perfectly on the file tab. Speaking of which, what a cool die for making the card base. I think our grown up toys are more fun than our kid toys!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely creative and awesome post.. A wonderful design with a great background and a perfect sentiment as well!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit I love the paper that inspired your card - or did the hot air balloon come first? Either way, they were surely meant to be together on your gorgeous birthday card!
It sure does have that vintage feel you love so much! Beautiful!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

How adorable, I love the file folder look. Really different and creative. Your elements are perfect, really sweet, it makes me smile. FABULOUS!!!

Lena said...

Isn't just awesome when you have just the right paper for your project? I love how you combined with dies with your beautiful paper. Beautiful card, Birgit! xx

Anke said...

WOW your card is so beautiful, I love your balloon card. Fantastic art, Birgit.