Friday, April 7, 2023

Earth's Gladdest Day

Happy Easter friends!  What a glorious day celebrating Jesus' resurrection and His victory over death.  It's because of Him that we don't need to fear what the future holds, and it's because of Him that we have the hope of heaven.  What a reason to rejoice!

I only made a couple of Easter cards this year but this one was my favorite.  

I used The Greetery's new nest and feathers dies and mounted them onto a piece of pre-printed paper from Honey Bee Stamps.  It was a freebie pack of paper that I received in an order a while back.  

The stamped sentiment I had in my Easter box of stamps.  I don't own the stamp but someone sent me some all stamped, at some point and I honestly can't remember who.  I love this sentiment though, and wish I had the stamp.  If you were the one who sent them to me thank you!  If you know who makes it, let me know in the comments.  I'd like to add it to my shopping cart.  

I'll be adding this card to the Card Concept Challenge ~ Happy Easter
I was inspired by the natural tones and the blue candle in the top right lantern.  My style design is clean and layered.

I hope that your Easter day is filled with the goodness of God.
He is RISEN!

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

It's my favorite Easter card too Birgit and looks so lovely on my entertainment center!! I love, LOVE that sentiment too, so if you find out who makes it, let me know as I'd like it in my shopping cart too! Every element of this card is perfect my friend...I just LOVE it!! Hugs and Easter blessings to you Birgit!! :0)

Christine said...

What a sweet card! The sentiment is wonderful and I love the soft colors you chose from the inspiration photo. You nailed it!

Karen Letchworth said...

Darling, Birgit! This is amazing with the sweet nest and eggs. even the feather...just so adorably soft and sweet. I love everything about this card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept. We always enjoy seeing your AMAZING art. Have a blessed week.

Nancy Penir said...

That sentiment! On such a perfectly lovely card. A favorite of all the Easter cards I've seen this season, Birgit. And love the spotted eggs too! Blessings to you and yours! Happy Easter!

I Card Everyone said...

Beautiful Easter card, Birgit! Hope your Easter is blessed with sunshine!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

That is a beautiful card, that paper is such a pretty compliment to your nest of eggs, love how you speckled the eggs and the feather, that is a great sentiment and I love how you tied the twine around it.
A very Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family!

Lena said...

Happy Easter to you and yours! I love everything about your card, from the soft colours to the beautiful sentiment. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at The Card Concept:)