Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Cheeky Monkey!

Hello friends!  I was playing around cleaning in my craft room one day and found this unopened packet of a-dorable die cuts from Pretty Little Studio and just had to make a card. 

Is this not the cutest little cheeky monkey you've ever seen? This card gave me the opportunity to find printed papers in my scrap box to use up.  I found this scrap of polka dotted paper that almost matched his little cap perfectly!

I've mounted this little guy onto a fun stitched Plaid Tag from Impression Obsession, from my days with DRU.  I don't know if it's still available, but it's a favorite of mine.  

I colored a piece of white seam binding and once dried, tied it up into a crinkly bow. I do love it when a card just falls together so easily.

I'll be entering this card into The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge, using polka dots and also Word Art Wednesday, where anything goes.  
'
I just discovered that Cut It Up Challenge is also dots & or stripes, so I'm entering this card into that challenge as well.  

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwwww....that cheeky little monkey is ADORABLE Birgit! I love that plaid tag he's sitting on too and the polka dotted dsp also! And the bright yellow crinkly ribbon too!! Cute, CUTE card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Cynthia said...

Oh my, this little vintage monkey image is adorable. Love your colors and design. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Cheeky, yes - but also very charming! POP goes the weasel!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, he's just about the cutest monkey I've ever seen! Love the colors on this one, Birgit. Darling card!

Donna Phelan said...

Totally Cheeky.....or Curious--he reminds me of George--we still read the books with Penny and soon with Evie. I love the Designer Papers you picked out with this beauty and all of the lovely layers and that nice die cut. So cute!

Conniecrafter said...

what a great find while you were cleaning up, and to find great papers to match it well that is just perfection! That just brings a smile and I love how you finished it off with the seam binding!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your cards are always so sweet and this one is ADORABLE. Thanks so much for sharing this fun and creative card with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very appreciative to have you play along with us and I really hope you'll join us again soon. I look forward to having you join us again soon.

Treva said...

Love the colors, great paper choice for a nice birthday greeting!

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Dots/Stripes challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably cute, I can see why you had to stop and create a card!!
Besides, creating is WAY more fun then cleaning!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Larelyn said...

Love your color choices! Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Dots and Stripes challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)