Friday, February 2, 2024

Vintage Valentine's

Good morning crafty peeps!  I'm popping in to share some vintage Valentine cards I made for my group of crafty friends who also like vintagey things.  

I've had these leftover scraps from Graphic 45 for quite some time.  I thought it was finally time to put them to use.

I also had lots of off-cuts leftover from other projects, leaving me with scraps of paper that weren't big enough to use on their own on a card.  

Once I lined the strips up and die cut them, they made great backgrounds.


I was happy to use up many scraps making these cards.

I hope you're feeling inspired to use up some of your scraps, if you have them.

Here's one more ornament I made this year to add to my Valentine's collection.
I used a heart shaped paper doily from the Dollar Tree and made this little chenille paper doll, using a face I found online and printed on my home printer.  Her red polka dotted skirt is a cupcake liner from my baking cupboard.

Her arms and legs are made using the bumpy chenille sticks.  I also used one on her head as a fur trimmed hat.  I added a tiny little posy flower.  So cute!

The "I Love You" banner is from Hobby Lobby.

That about wraps up my Valentine's decorations.  I hope you've enjoyed these posts and are inspired to create something out of the ordinary.

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Your vintage cards are always so sweet Birgit and it's easy to tell that so much of your heart goes into these creations...love them and your crafty and vintage loving friends will too! I also adore your little Valentine girl...she just couldn't be any cuter! And she looks fabulous on your tiered stand with all the other Valentine goodies nestled in! You sure have decorated your house beautifully for Valentine's Day and I've loved every one of your posts showcasing all your decorations! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

These are simply fabulous, Birgit! I adore the Vintage flavor and vibe! Something you might find in your Nana's Attic--that's a compliment! I adore your ornament too! Fabulous display!

I Card Everyone said...

I've said it before: you are the Queen of Vintage Valentine's, Birgit! So very sweet!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the softer Valentine palette on our cards! Your vintage loving friends will enjoy these, Birgit!

Conniecrafter said...

I love the these, I like the postage theme with them all, the flower is so pretty with them! Another cute vintage ornament!