Monday, February 5, 2024

A Box Of Chocolates

Hello friends ~ I enjoyed a craft day with some friends last week and one of them brought us all a heart shaped box of chocolates. Oh, so thoughtful and sweet of her!

I haven't been given a box of chocolate for Valentine's Day in many, many years so this was a real treat for me, and  I couldn't wait to do some thing crafty with it.  

I started on my box that day with my friends, beginning with adding the crepe paper to the back side, ruffling it as I glued it on.  Pleat by pleat..... fold..... glue..... fold...... glue........ you get the idea.  ;0)  Then I cut around the crepe paper trim using pinking shears.  I added a lace heart shaped doily and traced out the top cover onto some vintage style scrapbook paper.  I also added some silver Stickles to the inside edge of the heart. I've had this darling Pierret printed and cut in my scrap box and it was time to use her.  She was the perfect size for the top of the box.  She also got a dose of glitter on her hat and pleats of her outfit, but it's hard to see in the photo's.

These stickers are ages old and I almost threw them away during one of my recent cleaning binges.  I'm so glad I didn't as the colors matched the background paper perfectly.  The button is an old button that I attached a button sticker to.  Part of the same sticker set.  Cleaning out is way over rated!

To finish it off, I added a trio of mulberry flowers from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  

Since this is heavy in the pink and red department, I'll be adding this to the following challenges:
Cupcake Challenges ~ Pink, Red & White


Color Hues ~ Red & Pink 

Just Us Girls ~ Red, Pink & Neutrals

Happy Valentine crafting my friends!

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Leave it to you Birgit to take something and make it even better!! Your heart shaped candy box is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love all the pretty little extras you added to it! The little girl is just ADORABLE and I really LOVE the pleated crepe paper all around the edges...never in a million years would I have thought of doing something like that, but it's such a perfect addition!! Is there any chocolate left? Just checkin... Sweet, sweet treat box my friend, and thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

Colleen Begley said...

So, so pretty and creative. Love it!

Donna Phelan said...

So sweet....literally! I think that fold, pleat, glue worked out so well--it's lovely! This looks like you could find it in any vintage shop. Love all the glitter and accents, you have an eye d=for detail--for sure! And I find it hard to believe that you are not given chocolates on a daily basis! This is a beauty and a true keepsake! xo~

I Card Everyone said...

Life should be as sweet as your beautiful heart box, Birgit! What a beautiful creation - love the crepe paper SO worth all that pleating and glueing!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

How thoughtful of your friend to provide you with the perfect box to be dolled up! You had all of the right trimmings too. This is adorable, Birgit. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW! What a beautiful Heart box! Love all the fabulous detail and textures you added! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is so sweet and unique. I love the delightful vintage look you have created. What a wonderful way to re-use this box! Thank you so much for sharing it with The Paper Players this week!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful job of dressing up the box, I love the ruffling of the crepe paper and the image is too cute, so glad you didn't get rid of those stickers, and the flowers are a lovely touch too! That is why it is so hard for me to throw or give anything away, I know at some point I am going to wish I hadn't.

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful. I LOVE the old fashioned feel of this valentine. All the little elements are fantastic. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Birgit what a fabulous upcycle! Your chocolate box has been transformed into something amazing; all those extra details make your vintage creation something truly special. Thanks for playing along with my LOVE challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Sweet vintage Valentine...perfect for a gift box or a box of chocolates! The crepe paper ruffle is one of my favorite elements! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

LeAnne said...

This is just the sweetest recycled candy box ever! My vintage-loving heart went pitter-patter when I saw this! Just delightful and a treasure you can bring out year after year! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit I almost squealed when I saw your chocolate box. What a throwback to years gone by. They were such a fun treat to receive on Valentine`s Day if you were lucky! Your box is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Color Hues!

Nancy Penir said...

Well, I'm with you about cleaning out... just look at then precious vintage! So sweet, and all the details have me swooning. A feast for the eyes! Love that you added it to The Flower Challenge! XOXO