Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Hello Happiness ~ Double D Challenges

Good morning friends ~ Double D Challenges is starting up a new challenge and this one is one that I think everyone should enter.  

The theme is "Patterned Paper".  Now who doesn't have a pile of that sitting around???  I know I have plenty so I was happy to use some up for this challenge.

Not only did I use up some patterned paper but also this lovely preprinted die cut.  It came already glittered, so this card came together so quickly.

The floral paper I used on this is ages old but still so very pretty.

Dig out your scrapbook paper friends and join in on the fun. Here's a link to the Double D Challenge blog where you'll see more amazing inspiration from my talented team mates.  

Here's the inspiration board:


And here's what you could win if you play along:

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

That paper is very pretty, love the florals with the wood, looks amazing! And your pretty glittered blossom is an awesome topper! Love this gem!

Barbara said...

Where did you find a preprinted rose with glitter on it? I love the background that you placed it on. It has a totally soft antique look and makes for a quick, but beautiful card.

Diane said...

A gorgeous card and love all the sparkle included, very pretty papers and a lovely design!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome my friend! Love your choice of papers & flowers! Well done!

Marcia Hill said...

Sadly I don't have any dsp! Bahahahahahaha!!! I definitely should play in this one...the cubby where I store my 12x12 dsp is so tight there is no way to fit any more new paper in it! Yeah, I may have a problem...good grief!! But anyway, your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit and you sure had awesome dsp to work with! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

I was pretty sure you had a great collection, Birgit, and here is evidence! Gorgeous creation with those oldies but goodies. Love the vintage look of it with the big flowers sitting pretty and the banner sentiment tucked in. And ready made with glitter! Got to love it all!

I Card Everyone said...

Any ol' pattern will do me good when it starts with woodgrain, Birgit! How pretty this is! Hello GORGEOUSNESS!
=]

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful card! Love the glitter

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, this is really, REALLY pretty. I love the vintage feel, and the way you have cut out the separate panels. Just gorgeous, and I bet it's even more beautiful in real life.

Vicki said...

Lovely Birgit! The vintage patterned paper is beautiful and your floral topper matches perfectly. The postage die cut is so timeless. I love it.

Lisa Elton said...

You pulled out some wonderful papers for this one, Birgit! This has your marvelous vintage style written all over it. Lovely card!

Darnell said...

This is so inspirational, Birgit! It's an excellent example of how gorgeous a handmade card can look by using the pretty pp we all have gobs of on hand! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous papers and I love the way you used them, great background for your lovely flowers for sure!

Carol L said...

I just love all the postage stamp shapes and sizes used to create the background for this beautiful card. Those pretty glittered flowers add just the right amount of sparkle too.