Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A Heartfelt Cup of Cocoa ~ Double D Challenges

Hello friends ~ Double D Challenges is starting a new challenge today and the theme is "Heartfelt".

I went clean and simple with my card for this challenge, using Mugs & Kisses dies from Honeybee Stamps.

I sugared up the whipped topping and marshmallows with a bit of glitter for added sweetness.  The sentiment is stamped using the Hug In A Mug stamp set.  

It's not very often that I go this CAS, but I like how it turned out.

Here's the fantastic mood board to help inspired you and you'll be further inspired when you visit the Double D Challenges blog to see more amazing designs from the fabulous design team.


Here's the prize that you could win when you play along:

Do you decorate for Valentine's day??  The colors on the inspiration board also inspired this little heart banner I made to put over my mantel this hear.  I just loved all the colors and patterns.

Here's a close up of the second banner I added to this arched frame.

Hope you'll play along.  Have a wonderful week!  

Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Diane said...

A beautiful and yummy mug and it's making me want whipped cream in my coffee! Yes, I do decorate for Valentine's Day and love your mantel, your heart banners are so pretty too!

Donna Phelan said...

So sweet, literally! I do love a mug full of chocolate and marshmallows--super cute! (I had one the other night--my bones were chilled!) That sentiment is perfectly adorable! LOVE your pretty decorated mantle, so festive and fun! AND cozy!

Vicki said...

Sweet CAS design, Birgit. Relays the message perfectly to someone special. Love all of your home decor and those heart banners are adorable!

Darlene said...

Love your yummy mug card and your mantle looks amazing! You Go Girl!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your CAS card just couldn't be any sweeter Birgit! I love the sugared up marshmallows and whipped cream and that sweet gingerbread (?) cookie nestled in...would definitely be a welcomed treat! And you know I love all your valentine decorations this year including the heart banners...really makes me wish we had a fireplace mantle to hang one from! Another SWEET post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, I love the chocolate heart with the marshmallows and the shimmer!

Leslie Miller said...

Your CAS card is perfection, Birgit! On closer inspection I see the cocoa and all the sugar sprinkles. It looks totally delicious! I really love the sentiment, too. Your mantel is so pretty all decorated for the occasion. Those dainty draped hearts are the cutest touch!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I LOve your mug o' cocoa but I extra love that sentiment! Just adorable!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a cute CAS card, Birgit! I like the wee bit of sparkle you added!

Barbara said...

This is the type of Valentines cards that I would like to send out. Not too froozy and frilly! This is just a warm comforting hug in a mug. I love it.

blbabe1234 said...

Love the mug and the sweet sentiment

Judy Woodland said...

This is so sweet. Adorable in its simplicity. You really nailed that image from the mood board, well done.